Social Media

Beauty and Fashion that clicks.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara!

|
Oh my goodness, ladies. Ladies, if you're having trouble finding your new 'go-to' mascara, you may want to give Smashbox's Full Exposure Mascara! Next to my e.l.f. mascara, (I'm currently testing it, and I've got to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised!) this is my second go to! I use it to blend my lashes into my darkness falsies because I find that it give me a more natural finish! But before I go on with this gush fest, I'll continue with the review~

Application.
 Well first of all, I'd like to point out that my favorite feature is the brush.
It's the perfect shape to get all of my lashes at once! I usually swipe it across my lashes three times at the most for a nice finish. It's very smooth and I've never had a problem with it clumping or matting my lashes together. One thing I did notice however, is that sometimes I'll get more mascara on the want than I need and that can lead to makeup boo-boos.. and heres' a plus though: it doesn't smell, and it doesn't burn if you get in in your eyes!
Durability.
       Well, the first time I used it, I didn't really notice any flaking our stiffness with my lashes; it's very natural and lightweight. After a couple of hours, I forgot I was even wearing it. It doesn't come off without a proper makeup remover, and if you use oil you can expect that a bit of it will still be in your eyes, so wash thoroughly!
Price.
       19.00USD. As far as mascaras go, that's pretty steep.. I personally didn't pay that price for mine, but if I had to, I might pay full price for it; or, I might get the max factor that I'm so stuck on (as I realize that this is not the first time that I've mentioned it).
If you're really enthusiastic about mascaras, then you may want to try sephora's lash stash, they have it every year and it contains many good brands of mascara; you'd basically never run out, and I've heard that the DJV Fiberwig mascara is in the set too! If you don't want to take an adventurous dive into the world of smashbox without testing the waters, then you can see if your local makeup counter has any deluxe samples that come with a full size purchase (Ulta does this).
Ingredients.
       Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
 Tips.
      This is going to sound weird but hear me out.. Use primer. Use your face primer, on your lashes, and them comb them with your brow comb. If you don't have one, use a safety pin.. Apply the mascara after that; it magnifies the separating effect of the mascara wand (good if your eyelashes are curved like mine). If you have a white primer like smash box's photo finish or the NYC primer, try this..
Overall.
5/5 stars! I'm super impressed with this mascara, and I'm hereby recommending it to my lovely readers! My recommendation is conditional: if you've got shorter or curly lashes, prime first; sample first. If you've go straight, normal length lashes or double lashes, comb first, take it slow, and don't forget to use a curler!

Proof Positive!

My own lashes after the mascara! I also have false winglets on, but overall I'm pleased with the result. I was even able to skip liner for this look because the mascara did such a great job defining my eyes (made the brown a bit more noticeable!) I don't like to use it for my lower lashes, because mine are a bit on the thin side but also because the bristles are a too long to use on my lower lashes..
Well that's it for this review my dears; happy reading, and happy ThanksGiving!