I didn't necessarily need to try this product ( sounds silly, but my nose skin is one of the more comedone free areas of my skin), but I acquired it from our editor in charge of media (thanks!) and I decided I wanted to do a review of it so let's get started:
Packaging.Well, The strip itself comes in a litter foil packet; it'll be attached to a plastic sheet. Basically, it's a sticker with aloe infused into the adhesive. The directions for the sticky are printed on the back as follows:
- Thoroughly wash your face, making sure that it is free of any creams, lotions, or makeup.
- Dry hands, then open packet and peel the strip off from the plastic liner. Use opened packet promptly so that strip peels easily from liner.
- Thoroughly wet your nose with water. If nose is not wet enough, strip may not stick and may not be effective.
- Apply the strip to moistened nose area with the shiny side facing your skin. Press down and smooth out air bubbles, ensuring good contact with skin.
- Let the strip dry for ten to fifteen minutes. The strip should feel stiff as it dries. Depending on humidity, climate, or perspiration, leave on slightly longer or shorter.
- After the strip is dried, slowly and carefully peel off strip starting at edges, pulling toward center. If there is any residue, rinse off with water.
- Avoid using on sun burnt, blemished, or pimply skin.
- Avoid using on skin sensitive to tapes, bandages, or peel off masks.
- Use only on nose (do not use on or around the eyes).
- Use 1-2 times a week (allow 3 day intervals).
- If the strip adheres to strongly to skin or is painful to remove, wet the strip throroughly until it slides off easily.
- For external use only; keep away from children.
Application.To put this little baby to good use, you can do one of two things: a) wet your face and apply to the desired area, or b) dampen the sticky side with a spray bottle or wet cloth. Do not expose directly to warm water or you will be wasting a sticky! Leave it on for ten minutes or until the sticky side is dry, and the peel off. When you're peeling the strip off, take it slowly; start by peeling it at both edges and work your way toward the center!
Smell.It smells like glue. I'm not really sure if anyone else has experienced this smell, but I noticed that it has a glue-y smell.
Price.Well according to google they retail at about 3.00USD/6 strips. They also come in with different things in them like green tea and they even have one that's paraben free!
Overall.For me, this was a bit of a misfire. 2/5 stars at most. But know this: It may work for non sensitive, normal to dry skin types better. I've got thick, combination/oily skin that is highly sensitive to tapes apparently (I had hives after using this product). It didn't do a thing for me, but it may work for someone else, so get a recommendation from someone else of swing by MUA for some more coverage of this product!